How to Shoot Product Photography White Background – Boost Your Business
If you love photography and if you are interested in knowing how to shoot product photography white background, then you are in the right place. We will talk about some common tips on the subject matter for the benefit of our readers and customers. It certainly will be helpful in giving the first impression to the customers and other stakeholders.
How to Shoot Product Photography White Background
There is no doubt that white background photography can make a big difference as far as the conversion rates are concerned. There are research studies to prove this and the white background help them to focus on the product and other relevant information.
Types Of Product Photography
Before going deeper into the subject, we need to understand that there are basically two varieties of product photography. They are lifestyle photography or product-only images. While the former only shows the products being used, the latter is about the lifestyles that are associated with various situations and events. Knowing how to photograph your products can help you better setup your small business display at a trade show. In this article we will be focusing only product only photos and understand how white background could be helpful for your green business.
What are the Benefits?
Here are some common benefits of shooting product photography using white background
- They help in making the products stand out. A white background is known for its gorgeous continuity. It offers visual appeal and helps the viewer to have a closer look at the actual products rather than getting distracted by the colored background.
- More versatility for marketing channels. When you have a budget in mind then you would like to ensure that you want to make the best out of your photography. In such situations, white background certainly helps a lot.
- They are easier to edit.
- Upgrading from white to color is easy but not the other way round.
How To Go About Photography With White Background
You must follow some basic guidelines:
- Ensure you have the right product angles and the right lighting setup. The angle between your product and the camera should also be perfectly measured.
- Pay attention to the right image saturation.
- The overall color palettes should also be taken into account.
- Yes, the image dimension and size should be pre-determined without being too big or too small.
- While white background is important, attention must also be paid to the white space around each product.
Have the Right Equipment
It is also important that you have the right equipment for product photography. Here are a few of them:
- Photography lighting equipment – such as a light tent and light box.
- Shooting table.
- Right powered bulbs and lights.
- Right sized tripods (You must ensure that it has the right adjustability, orientation adjustability, inbuilt spirit level and stability. Yes, it also must be able to handle the right payload because some lenses and cameras are quite heavy.
- Decide whether you will be using a smartphone or camera.
- Yes, you also must have the right photo editing software. This is important when it comes to editing high quality photo formats such as .RAW and .PNG
Once these basics are in place you must get into the actual shooting that will teach you the right lessons as far as answering the question how to shoot product photography white background is concerned. It could be a matter of trial and error in the beginning but with passage of time, you will be able to do a good job of it.