Raising money for your organization can be tough, but it doesn’t always have to be. If you’re looking to sell more fundraisers and raise more funds for your organization, continue reading to learn how to sell fundraisers.
Before Starting Sales
Research the Plans of Other Fundraising Groups: Before starting your fundraiser project, you should also know about the fundraising plans and different ideas of the other groups in your immediate field.
Get Your Team on the Same Platform: You should review the important activities and dates of your project by calling a meeting with your entire team so that everyone can know of everything.
Choose a Payment Method: When you are selling a fundraiser, then it is important to select a legitimate payment method to raise funds safely.
Provide Enough Time to Sell Fundraisers: You should provide enough time to your team to sell the fundraiser items effectively.
Reduce the Workload of the Teachers: You should make enough number of packets of fundraiser items so that they can be distributed directly to the mailboxes of all the teachers of each class.
After Starting the Sale
Start the Sale of Fundraisers: You can make the sale of your fundraiser successful by calling a kick-off assembly of your team.
Inform Parents About Your Fundraising Sale: The message about the program of fundraising sales for elementary school should be sent to parents so that they can also participate in it.
Send a Message in Writing: A product catalog with a cover letter in detail should be sent to the supporters of your campaign.
Include Option for Cash Donation Also: It will help the PTO to receive direct donations from the parents in response to your cover letter.
Collection Boxes Should Be Placed Conveniently: The boxes to place orders should be conveniently approachable for every donor.
Reminders Should be Sent Frequently: The students and their parents should be reminded about your fundraising campaign every now and then.
Payments Should Be Handled Carefully: You should be careful while handling payments against the order or the payment is called in advance with the order.
Plan for Pickups
- Inform parents to pick up their orders from the school
- Do not store unclaimed items if any parent is unable to pick his/her order. They should ask the neighbor to do so for them
- Deploy volunteers to help you at the arrival of the merchandise
- Pickup location should be easy to handle — especially if you have to collect payment at pickup
Handling of Money
- Sellers should write the name of the students depositing their checks
- Ask for a reliable volunteer to help you
- Collect payment daily and before the due date
- Check the payment collected with each order to avoid extra efforts
- Count the cash collected
- Deposit the cash in the bank account
- Check if any check has bounced
- Verify the amount collected with the head of the fundraising team
After the Sale is Over
- Plan an assembly to encourage fundraising team
- Show your concern about your team
- Remind your team about your motive behind fundraising sale
- Encourage the team to do better next time.
If you want to raise funds with good intentions, then you need to know how to sell fundraisers effectively and quickly. The tips provided in this article can help you and your team to sell fundraisers to raise funds for a noble cause successfully.